Boxing is a fighting sport between two people, they wear protective gloves and other safety equipment to protect them from serious injuries. In the given time, both the opponents have to punch each other. The one who lasts till the end is announced as the winner.
A winner can be decided before the finishing of the rounds if the referee feels that the opponent is not capable of fighting further or has been disqualified. If the round comes to an end and both the opponents are still standing then the judges decide by the scorecards.
The rule of boxing keeps on changing from judgment to judgment, for both the beginners and the professionals. Violation of any of the rules can lead to a warning, point deduction, and disqualification. It can also be considered a foul.
In the boxing ring, both the opponents get a corner to rest between the matches for 1 minute where the trainers stand.
Here are some of the common boxing rules that should be followed by the players during the match :
- You are not allowed to hit below the belt, kick, wrestle, bite, spit on, push, hold or trip your opponent.
- You are not allowed to use your head, shoulder, forearm, or elbow to hit.
- A boxing match has three-minute rounds and has a total of 9 to 12 rounds. The referee controls the fight in the ring and determines the foul.
- There are about three judges present at the ringside to give points to the boxers. They observe the match, each punch, defense, and knockdowns.
- You are not allowed to fight with an open glove, inside of the glove, the wrist, the backhand, or the side of the hand.
- In the match, players are not permitted to hit each other on the back, back offbeat, or neck, or on the kidneys.
- You cannot hold and hit your opponent at the same time, it is considered a foul.
- If the boxer falls after a blow, then he gets five minutes to stand back again. If he fails to regain consciousness then he is knocked out.
- If the boxer is injured in a foul, then the fight ends immediately. And the boxer who has done foul is disqualified.
- The mouthpiece should be worn by the professional boxers during the competition. The fight cannot start without the mouthpiece. If the mouthpiece gets disturbed during the match then the referee calls for the break to replace it immediately.
In this article, you will get to read about boxing and its rules. The boxing match is fought between two opponents in the ring. They punch each other and the one who lasts till the end of the round is considered the winner. It is a game of fighting but still, some of the things are prohibited and the boxing match should be performed by following it.